The 6th annual Forward Festival Startup Showcase takes place the evening of Tuesday, August 21 at the Memorial Union. The Startup Showcase is a high energy stage that celebrates and showcases what’s next in Madison’s startup ecosystem. It features an evening of startup pitches from some of Madison’s most compelling emerging companies. A select group of 5 rising startups will give a 5-minute “demo day” style pitch showcasing their company.
In addition, over 15 Startup Showcase alumni from past years will take part in a lightning round of 1-minute update pitches highlighting their recent successes. A reception on the Memorial Union Terrace will follow.
We’re excited to announce the lineup of new 2018 Startup Showcase presenting companies:
- GrowthChart Records – Provides hands-free documentation services to child care centers, such as preschools, daycares and in-home providers.
- Moonshot Insights – Performs predictive candidate evaluations for employers to determine a candidate’s job performance, growth, culture fit and longevity.
- NovoMoto – A for-profit social enterprise that provides clean electricity for off-grid communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- UCHardChip – Creating smart personal protective equipment and services for construction sites.
- YoEats – A customer-facing restaurant application that provides personalized menu generation and allows patrons to split & pay bill right from their phone in real-time.
REGISTER NOW to attend the Startup Showcase. Startup Showcase admission is also included with Forward Tech Conference registration and with the Forward Pass.
The 9th annual Forward Festival is August 16-23, 2018. Forward Fest is Wisconsin’s largest technology and entrepreneurship festival and includes 40+ events by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. The 2018 Festival event line up and website are here.
Looking to attend multiple events? The Forward Pass is the fastest, easiest, and the most cost-effective way to take advantage of all the Forward Fest has to offer. This one pass gets you into nearly all the 2018 Forward Festival events. Get your Forward Pass here.
Be sure to consider attending the headline Forward Tech Conference and Forward Festival Startup Showcase on August 21, as well as our Capital Entrepreneurs Rooftop Social (and Forward Fest wrap party) on August 23.
What is the Forward Festival?
It’s Madison’s flagship technology and entrepreneurship festival. Since starting in 2010, it now attracts thousands of attendees and includes 8 full days packed with 40+ events. All events are organized by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs and encompass technology, food, music, social good, art, and more. Join fellow entrepreneurs, nerds, geeks, hackers, foodies, and creatives from the Midwest in an 8-day celebration of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Whether you’re already plugged into the Madison startup community, or you’ve been waiting for the right opportunity to sample what the area has to offer, the Forward Festival is about bringing the startup community together to learn, share, and have some fun.