The 6th annual Forward Festival Startup Showcase takes place the evening of Tuesday, August 21 at the Memorial Union. The Startup Showcase is a high energy stage that celebrates and showcases what’s next in Madison’s startup ecosystem. It features an evening of startup pitches from some of Madison’s most compelling emerging companies. A select group of 5 rising startups will give a 5-minute “demo day” style pitch showcasing their company.
In addition, over 15 Startup Showcase alumni from past years will take part in a lightning round of 1-minute update pitches highlighting their recent successes. A reception on the Memorial Union Terrace will follow.
We’re excited to announce the lineup of new 2018 Startup Showcase presenting companies:
- GrowthChart Records – Provides hands-free documentation services to child care centers, such as preschools, daycares and in-home providers.
- Moonshot Insights – Performs predictive candidate evaluations for employers to determine a candidate’s job performance, growth, culture fit and longevity.
- NovoMoto – A for-profit social enterprise that provides clean electricity for off-grid communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- UCHardChip – Creating smart personal protective equipment and services for construction sites.
- YoEats – A customer-facing restaurant application that provides personalized menu generation and allows patrons to split & pay bill right from their phone in real-time.